Paytm, the pioneer of QR code, soundbox and mobile payments, has made metro card recharge even more convenient and seamless with its app. Users can recharge their metro card in just a few simple steps, from the comfort of their homes or on the go.
The metro card recharge feature supports a wide range of metros across India, including Delhi Metro, Mumbai Metro, Hyderabad Metro, and Bengaluru Metro. Users can choose from a variety of payment methods, including Paytm Wallet, credit cards, debit cards, Paytm UPI, and Paytm Postpaid.
Using the Paytm app, users can avoid the long queues, and recharge the metro card in a few steps.
- Open the Paytm app and click on the ‘All Services’
- Click on ‘Metro’ and select your Metro
- Choose an option to travel, and select ‘Smart Card Recharge’
- Enter your metro card number and the recharge amount
- Click on ‘Proceed’.
- After successful recharge, tap the metro smart card on the Add Value Machine ‘AVM’ at the metro station
- Select ‘Top up’ to add the balance to the card.
Alternatively, users can recharge their metro card using QR code to skip the hassle and head straight to the metro card recharge page
- Open Paytm app. Go to ‘Scan any QR’ option and tap on it
- Scan the QR code provided here.
- This will instantly take you to the metro card recharge page, where you can complete your transaction hassle-free.