Mumbai, 14th September 2023 Škodaverse India, a trailblazing initiative by Škoda Auto India, has made a grand entry to Web3 with the rapid sellout of 128 unique NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens), each a personalized work of art. In just 128 minutes, these exclusive NFTs found new homes, marking a historic moment at the intersection of automotive innovation, artistry, and customer engagement.
Mr. Christian Cahn von Seelen, Executive Director, Sales, Marketing and Digital, Škoda Auto Volkswagen India said, “Škodaverse India is not just about cars; it’s about creating an immersive experience for our customers. The remarkable success of this NFT launch underscores our commitment to fostering creativity, individuality, and a sense of belonging within the Škoda community.”
A journey into personalized art: These NFTs, unlike any other, are tailor-made by a collective of talented artists who turn customers’ travel and exploration stories into stunning digital art pieces. Each NFT is a visual narrative, reflecting the individual experiences and adventures of the owners.
Unveiling a world of benefits: Owners of these Škodaverse NFTs didn’t just acquire digital art; they gained access to an entire universe of exclusive perks and utilities:
- • Customised merchandise: Each owner is entitled to a curated set of merchandise featuring their unique NFT art, allowing them to carry their stories wherever they go.
- • Exclusive accessories: The NFTs granted access to premium accessories designed for the automotive connoisseur.
- • Access to Škoda events: Owners gain access to Škoda events, product launches, showcases, and exhibitions, providing them front-row seats to the latest innovations in the world of Škoda.
- • Free airdrop of the next NFT: As a token of appreciation, Škodaverse India offered a free airdrop of the next NFT, ensuring that each owner remains at the forefront of this creative journey.
Priced at INR 5,000, the lightning-fast sellout of these NFTs was achieved through a unique and seamless buying experience similar to any online purchase. The NFTs were minted on the NEAR Protocol, a carbon-neutral project as certified by South Pole.
The project was strategized along with Antier Solutions Pvt Ltd, the largest blockchain consulting firm in India. For the personalized art, the NFT design artists from Antier will be assisted by design students from the Pearl Academy, Jaipur and the MIT Institute of Design, Pune.
Škodaverse India continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible in the world of automotive and blockchain technology. The Škodaverse India platform, https://skodaverseindia.co.in facilitates further updates on the creation and the trading of NFTs. Škoda Auto India will also release regular updates on utilities via its Škodaverse India Discord (https://discord.gg/8rEJN9CzNt), Škodaverse India Telegram (https://t.me/Škodaverseindia) and ŠkodaIndia Twitter (https://twitter.com/SkodaIndia) social network accounts.
- › is successfully steering through the new decade with the Next Level – Škoda Strategy 2030.
- › aims to be one of the five best-selling brands in Europe by 2030 with an attractive line-up in the entry-level segments and additional e-models.
- › is emerging as the leading European brand in important growth markets such as India or North Africa.
- › currently offers its customers twelve passenger-car series: the Fabia, Rapid, Scala, Octavia and Superb as well as the Kamiq, Karoq, Kodiaq, Enyaq iV, Enyaq Coupé iV, Slavia and Kushaq.
- › delivered over 731,000 vehicles to customers around the world in 2022.
- › has been a member of the Volkswagen Group for 30 years. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world.
- › independently manufactures and develops not only vehicles but also components such as MEB battery systems, engines and transmissions in association with the Group.
- › operates at three sites in the Czech Republic; has additional production capacity in China, Slovakia and India primarily through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine with a local partner.
- › employs over 40,000 people globally and is active in over 100 markets.
Škoda Auto India
- › fascinating customers in India since 2001.
- › offers 3 models in India – Slavia, Kushaq and Kodiaq
- › Present in more than 140 cities across the country with over 240 customer touchpoints
- › recorded a triple-digit growth of 125% with 53,721 units sold in 2022