Kolkata, West Bengal, 4th February 2023: Linc Limited (Formerly Linc Pen & Plastics Limited), one of the most trusted names in the writing instruments & stationery business, announced its Q3FY23 results today. The Board of Directors of Linc Limited at its meeting held on 3rd February 2023 took on record the Unaudited Financial Results for the third quarter of Financial Year 2022-23. Linc has a robust domestic and international presence spreading more than 40 countries and the brand is respected for producing world-class and innovative products.
Commenting on the results, Mr. Deepak Jalan, Managing Director, Linc Limited said:
“Continuing on our strong performance in the previous quarter, Q3 FY23 has also been a landmark quarter as we have achieved highest ever profit in the history of our company. Total Income for Q3 FY23 amounted to ₹12,495 lacs as against ₹9,575 lacs in Q3 FY 22, cloaking a YoY growth of over 30%. Better product mix, along with stable raw material prices during the period resulted in sharp increase in operating margin. Gross margin increased from 30.5% in Q2 FY23 to 33.1% in Q2 FY23. EBITDA margin also improved to 14.9% and was up 744 basis points YOY and 201 basis points QoQ in spite of higher manpower and advertisement costs.
Our sales network continues to spread as we added over 2500 + touchpoints in the quarter gone by. This coupled with the slated launch of a new Rs 40 pen under Pentonic stable in the current quarter, as well as increased thrust on brand strengthening augers well for our topline growth. In spite of the slight uptick in polymer price of late, margins are expected to remain stable in the coming quarters due to improving product mix. This along with strong demand for Company’s product should help us in growing our profits.”
Milestones Achieved for Q3 FY 23
- ₹12,495 Lacs, registering a growth of 30.5% YoY and -2.2% QoQ
- Share of ‘Pentonic’ at 30.3% inQ3 FY23 as against 25.5% in FY22
- All time high of ₹4,126 Lacs, up 70.7% YoY & 6.5% QoQ. Gross Margin was at 33.1%
- All time high of ₹1,859 Lacs, up 160.4% YoY & 13.3% QoQ. EBITDA Margin was at 14.9%
- All time high of ₹1,113 Lacs against full year FY22 PAT of ₹813 Lacs, up 299.6% YoY & 16.5% QoQ. PAT Margin was at 8.9%
- EPS stood at ₹7.48 inQ3 FY23 vs ₹1.87 in the same period last year
- Debt has come down to zero and Net Debt stood at (₹1604) lacs as against ₹290 lacs in FY 22
- Net Debt / EBITDA improved further to (0.27) from 0.12 in March 2022. It stood as high as 2.43 in March 2018